Galactic Fog was founded with the goal of improving application development. As engineers, we have spent many years building and designing applications for both startups and enterprise. Our core mission is to help developers achieve, build and support cloud-native applications that are scalable, resilient and integrated securely into both on and off-premise environments, regardless of complexity.
The engineering team at Galactic Fog brings together world-class experts to develop and launch groundbreaking products at the intersection of infrastructure, software and operations. We enable application delivery at scale. In particular, we design systems that define new ways for companies and developers to move to the CaaS and FaaS future. The Principal Engineer will work on developing product software that leverages innovative hardware and cloud services to streamline the software development lifecycle. The ideal candidate will have strong full-stack experience developing scalable CaaS and FaaS (serverless/Lambda) systems. This is a full-time position based in our New York, NY office.
- Excellent knowledge of data structures, algorithms and design patterns
- Ability to solve open-ended problems in an elegant, scalable manner
- Work closely with operations and infrastructure to build and scale back-end services
- Work with the product and engineering teams to design, develop and maintain production-ready systems and services
- Proactively identify site scaling issues and help redesign systems to address them
- Continually improve our internal infrastructure, tools and services
- Provide technical feedback to other engineers through code reviews, design reviews and collaborative problem-solving sessions
- Deliver solutions in a timely manner with minimal supervision
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science or a related field, and/or 6+ years relevant work experience
- Excellent programming skills with at least one high-level object-oriented language (Java, Scala, C++)
- 4+ years of software development experience with large web/mobile applications
- 4+ years of experience with web technologies (Java/Scala, Python, AWS, GCE)
- Experience with a relational databases such as PostgreSQL and ideally one or more NoSQL data stores (Redis, MongoDB)
- Experience with distributed systems and web services and REST APIs
- Familiarity with Linux-based systems
- Experience with cloud-based services (Amazon AWS, GCE)
- Experience with distributed data-processing system, such as the Hadoop ecosystem, Spark and SQL/NoSQL databases
- Knowledge of the architecture of functional applications based on lambda/FaaS functions
- Experience with developing and deploying applications using containerization platforms (specifically, Docker)
- Experience with distributed container orchestration platforms (DCOS/Mesos, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm)
Our offering of benefits and perks include:
- Health insurance with FSA
- Stock options
- Generous leave
- Weekly catered lunch
- A kitchen stocked with snacks and beverages
- Telecommuting option after 3 months
- Top-notch peer group which will enable you to expand your envelope of capabilities
Galactic Fog is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Galactic Fog are considered without regards to race, sex/gender, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with Principal Engineer in the subject line and a link to your Git and/or other public repo.