Galactic Fog was founded with the goal of improving application development. As engineers, we have spent years building and designing applications for both startups and enterprise. Our core mission is to help developers achieve, build and support cloud-native applications that are scalable, resilient and integrated securely into both on and off-premise environments, regardless of complexity.
The engineering team at Galactic Fog brings together world-class experts to develop and launch groundbreaking products at the intersection of infrastructure, software and operations. We enable application delivery at scale. In particular, we design systems that define new ways for companies and developers to transition to the CaaS and FaaS future. The Product Manager will work closely with our customer success, sales, engineering and marketing teams to deliver innovative market leading solutions. This position plays a critical role in determining which features and development work are prioritized. The ideal candidate will have previous engineering experience and have worked with CaaS and FaaS (serverless/Lambda) solutions previously. This is a full-time position based in our New York, NY office.
- Lead the conception, technical development, and launch of innovative products
- Provide clarity and structure to the product roadmap
- Identify market opportunities and define product vision and strategy in CaaS / FaaS areas
- Establish shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
- Understand product needs and gather product requirements, engage closely with Engineering teams to help determine the implementation roadmap
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction
- Work closely with both current and prospective customers to understand their needs and validate features and prioritization
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Focus on customer satisfaction and success
- Wireframe proposed solutions to walk customers and engineering teams through solution benefits and impact
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in a Product Management, Engineering and/or Technology Strategy role
- Experience maximizing efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
- Comfortable working with and having technical discussions both with customers and engineering teams
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (writing PRDs/Epics and strategy docs, writing and delivering presentations, including to leadership)
- Demonstrated experience gathering and understanding customer business requirements
- Prior startup experience
- Knowledge of distributed systems
- Familiarity with some of the following:
- Distributed systems: Hadoop, HDFS, Spark, Zookeeper, Kafka, Cassandra, Microservice architectures
- Programming languages: Sclaa, C, C++, Java, Python, Ruby, Bash
- Datacenter operations: provisioning, capacity planning, network design
- Agile Product / Project Management tools: Gitlab, Trello, Github, Jira, etc.
- Working knowledge of data structures, algorithms and design patterns
- Experience with cloud-based services (Amazon AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Knowledge of the architecture of functional applications based on lambda/FaaS
- Understanding and first hand experience working with containers and/or lambda functions
- Experience using rich prototyping tools like Axure, Invision or similar
Our offering of benefits and perks include:
- Top-notch peer group which will enable you to expand your envelope of capabilities
- Health insurance with FSA
- Stock options
- Generous leave
- Work from home Fridays
- Brand new MacBook Pro or ThinkPad P1
- WeWork Office Perks
Galactic Fog is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Galactic Fog are considered without regards to race, sex/gender, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with Product Manager in the subject line.